Warning : This project is still in early development stage! The development is currently stalled.
XD640 XD640 is a simple graphical desktop environment for X-Window. The goal is to create a set of light weight and fast applications running on a slow computer (i486 66MHz 16MB) and on a small screen (640x480), released under the BSD license.
XD640 is mainly based on these technologies :
- UTF-8 character encoding
- Xhtml rich text file format
- PNG image file format
- Xdnd Drag'n'Drop protocol
Features of FlWriter the small word processor: :
- Xhtml file format with UTF-8 encoding (Comptible with any recent web browser).
- Printing support using PostScript. Non ISO8859-1 fonts are supported.
- Mixing right-to-left and left-to-right text direction.
- Embedded picture (PNG).
- WYSIWYG: what you see on the screen is exactly what will be printed.
- Spell checker.
- XIM (EUC-JP, EUC-KR, EUC-CN, BIG5).
- Export RTF 1.5 Unicode file.